Help getting started

May 31, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Using the Facebook Suite 1.3.1 and want to get Facebook comments on each blog post. I found this discussion which points to this plugin. I have added the ContentWidget to my blog post but not sure where to go from here. Read the documentation on Orchard's site about placement.info but not sure whats all needed in the file. Is there an example placement.info file that shows how this plugin works? Any additional examples would be greatly appreciated. Still very new to Orchard and there is a lot to take in :)

Coordinator
May 31, 2012 at 9:50 AM

So you've attached the part to the content type you want to display widgets, right? Now there will be new settings under the content type editor (this is the one under Content/Content Types/Your Content Type), where you can tick checkboxes corresponding to widgets you want to attach to the items of that type. Along the checkboxes there are also shape names written. You should specify the placement of these shapes in e.g. your theme's Placement.info, like this:

<Placement>
  <Match DisplayType="Detail">
    <Place Parts_ContentWidgetsPart_Widget_34="Content:5"/>
  </Match>
</Placement>

This will make sure that the shape Parts_ContentWidgetsPart_Widget_34 gets displayed when the content item it corresponds to is shown in Detail mode (i.e. not in a list, for example), in the Content local zone with a weight 5. Content Widgets widget shapes all have this pattern in their name. It's just the numerical id of the widget that changes.